Stanley\'s Market ~~ Apple Bowl
Large Slow Cooker/Crock Pot
-4 to 6 links of Stanley\'s Kielbasa (Depending on size of your slow cooker/crock pot). Try using a variety of Stanley\'s sausages - Fresh, Smoked, Hot, or Andouille. (Buy online by clicking \"SHOP ONLINE\" in left toolbar!
-3 to 5 apples (cut in slices, 12ths)
-2 large potatoes (chunked)
-1 onion (chopped)
-1/2 to 1 bag reg/baby carrots (less or more depending on room)
-16oz. to 24oz. Beer (liquid level must at least cover raw product), Many varieties of imported Polish beer available at Stanley\'s Market.
-Salt and Pepper to taste
-Experimental additions- 1/2 cup red wine, Peppers (green or red), Roasted Garlic Cloves, Mushrooms, Celery.
1. Layer bottom and sides of cooker with apples slices. You should have some left over after this.
2. Place Kielbasa directly on top of apples. If you need to layer the sausage, place raw meats under smoked meats.
3. Add potatoes, onions, carrots. Liquid will eventually rise and cover veggies.
4. Add beer, wine, and spices.
5. Cook 6-8 hours on low (recommended), or 3-4 hours on high. Add all left over apples with 1-2 hours remaining.
Serves as a stew; Great with Rye Bread
Try Serving over Kluski Noodles or Rice.
Add Flour to thicken if needed, or try adding corn starch to liquid pre-cook.